We have brought together experts and thought leaders to expand our knowledge and broaden our minds on some of the most important topics including risk management, driver competence, fatigue, wellbeing, infrastructure safety and vehicle technology. Each MasterClass will last approximately 30 minutes followed by members' questions.
The first MasterClass, being broadcast on Tuesday 23rd Feb at 11:00am is
Managing road risk within the law during COVID-19
Speaker: Chris Green, Partner, Keoghs
Specialist in regulatory and transport law
Chris leads Keoghs' crime and regulatory team across the Midlands and specialises exclusively in providing expert advice in relation to adverse incidents and compliance with regulatory requirements.
His experience includes representing companies, directors, senior managers, public sector organisations and individuals in defending, responding to and avoiding regulatory breaches.
COVID-19, and the various government-imposed restrictions, have meant many established road risk management policies have come under pressure. Chris will be discussing, among other things, corporate responsibility for:
- Managing fatigue in essential fleets working at capacity
- New driver induction and training where restrictions prevent your usual programme from being delivered
- Driver wellbeing and managing the risks from anxious and distracted drivers
Chris has been published, interviewed and quoted by the Times, BBC Breakfast, BBC Radio 2, Radio 5 Live and Central News. He has also written published articles for the Financial Times, Insurance Post, Birmingham Post and Estates Gazette and Chris regularly delivers speeches and training for the leading practitioners’ bodies such as IOSH, ROSPA, the British Safety Council etc.
Further planned MasterClasses include
Learn more about the ARRM MasterClass Programme
- Emergency Response Driving
- Mobile phone distraction
- Using technology to manage compliance on the Strategic Road Network
- Managing Driver Fatigue
- Road Traffic Accident Investigation
- The Increasing Problem of Drug Driving
- Highways England & Emergency Services: Collaborating to clear a major incident on the SRN